Benjamin A. Blander Prize
The Benjamin A. Blander Prize is awarded to an outstanding incoming graduate student in the Department of Mathematics
- 2020-21 Recipient: Linus Setiabrata
The Kowalsky Fellowship provides support for a graduate student, preferably a woman, who is doing excellent research towards her dissertation. The award is established through a bequest from Walter and Yvonne Kowalsky in memory of their daughter Nadine Kowalsky, who died of leukemia in 1996. Nadine graduated from the University of Chicago in 1994 with a dissertation directed by Robert Zimmer.
- 2007 Recipient: Irene Peng
- 2009 Recipient: Elizabeth Beazley and Rachel Epstein
- 2010 Recipient: Ariel Barton and Anna Marie Bohmann
- 2012 Recipient: Elizabeth Blair Davey
- 2013 Recipient: Kathryn Mann
- 2014 Recipient: Katharine Turner
- 2016 Recipient: Asilata Bapat
- 2018 Recipient: Lei Chen
- 2019 Recipient: Mathilde Gerbelli-Gauthier
The Wirszup fellowship was established in 2012 in memory of Izaak Wirszup, a beloved member of our department and of the university community for many years, who had worked tirelessly towards improving the quality of mathematics education over the decades.
- 2019-2020 Recipient: Alan Chang and Lvzhou Chen
- 2017-2018 Recipient: Clark Butler
- 2016-2017 Recipient: Casey Rodriguez, Jonathan Wang
- 2012-2013 Recipient: Andrew Lawrie, Alex Wright
- 2011-2013 Recipient: Matthew Strom Borman
- 2008-2009 Recipients: Elizabeth Townsend Beazley, Rachel Epstein
William Rainey Harper Dissertation Fellowship
This is the highest honor that the University of Chicago offers to any graduate student. The fellowship is awarded in the final year of graduate study to help the student concentrate on thesis completion.
- 2019-2020 Recipient: Minh-Tam Quang Trinh
- 2020-2021 Recipient: Leonardo Coregliano (Joint Math/CS Program)
Radix Trading Prize
The Radix Trading Prize is awarded to an outstanding student in the final stages of their degree.
- 2019-2020 Recipient: Ronno Das