October 23-25, 2020
University of Chicago
The GROW 2020 conference is aimed at female-identified undergraduate students who may be interested in pursuing a graduate degree in the mathematical sciences. The conference is open to undergraduates from U.S. colleges and universities, including international students.
The conference will feature
- panel discussions about graduate research in the mathematical sciences
- networking opportunities
- advice on preparing applications for graduate school
Travel and lodging expenses for participants will be reimbursed, subject to the constraints from funding sources.
- Sami Assaf, Mathematics, University of Southern California
- Rina Foygel Barber, Statistics, University of Chicago
- Kathryn Mann, Mathematics, Cornell University
- Emily Riehl, Mathematics, Johns Hopkins University
- Rebecca Willett, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Chicago
The organizing committee consists of: Kevin Corlette, Mimi Dai, Denis Hirschfeldt, Vera Mikyoung Hur, Maryanthe Malliaris, Nikki Pitcher, Laura Schaposnik, Mary Silber, Takis Souganidis, and Rebecca Willett.
Applications for GROW 2020 can be submitted at https://www.mathprograms.org/db/programs/966 starting April 6, 2020. The committee will begin screening applications on June 15, 2020, but will give full consideration to applications submitted by September 1, 2020.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19: If circumstances do not allow this event to take place as planned, we will seek to reorganize it in a virtual format.